zaterdag 16 maart 2013

Scale drawings

I finally made some pictures of the scale drawings I made. I put them under the line tester with my own camera. It is not ideal quality yet, but gives a better overview then the bits and close ups covered with stuff so far in the pictures. So here they are.

First effort, mainly to figure out the lay out. I had no idea here yet about how exactly to place the holes, how wide to make the joints, etc. so sketched it all just roughly

Next attempt, more accurately, but still some parts I was unclear about, like the shoulder and elbow joint, some other attachment places, and also changed the direction some joints should be facing to get the right range of movement later.

Tried to think through the skinning of the puppet already to some extent, to hopefully avoid facing problems when getting to this stage. Tried to think of where I could logically make access points to get into the skin with Allen keys and just generally how all parts could be connected and skinned and what to consider for this while working on the armature.

This is the more 'final' version of the scale drawing which I used a lot during building. More things have changed already while building, and more will continue to change probably. I'm still using this drawing as a general guide though. I may make a new one with more of the later adjustments at some point.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten