zaterdag 16 februari 2013

scale drawing drawing

I've been spending a lot of time on getting the scale drawing right, and still probably have to re-adjust parts. It is a good way though to visualize and find problems and uncertainties before having built anything. While drawing I found many things I still had questions about. I started looking up bird proportions of wing span vs body length, etc. then referred back to my anatomy drawings and research for the type of joints and sizes and placing of wing feathers, etc. At the same time if brought me further into the questions I still had about making ball and socket armatures and joints, the choices about what sizes and material to use, etc. The first drawing I made I wasn't clear about the position of individual joints, how exactly the holes and screws should be lined up, what sizes the different parts should be, etc. After making the wire prototype wing I had found some issues with the proportions and changed that in the design. I am still considering where exactly the rigging points should come and changed the idea of using k&s for this after discussing with Arril (tutor) to using some method with a simple rod sticking out and a screw system at the end of the rig. After talking with David in the fabrication centre I decided I should scale up most of the joints, or perhaps then the scale of the entire puppet. After seeing the 'ball and socket joint making kit' developed by someone at the university (with several jigs for making one certain size of joint) and after reading carefully through some armature making tutorials I am considering some changes of size, etc again. Ok, that can go into another post later about my further research into armature making.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten